Olojo, Rotimi Odunayo
P.O. Box 6045,
Morgantown, WV 26506-6045, USA.
Tel: 304-293 6603 fax: 304-293
To secure and entry-level research or
administrative position in any chemical-based or technical industry.
Education and Degrees Awarded:
1996- present Currently a Ph.D. Candidate in Physical /
Bioinorganic Chemistry at West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506.
1990-1993 M.Sc.Chemistry (Physical). Obafemi Awolowo
University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
1985-1989 B.Sc. Chemistry(Hons). Obafemi Awolowo University,
Current Research Interests:
Spatiotemporal Patterns Formation in Oxyhalogen Sulfur
- Video Imaging and Pattern Characterization.
- Kinetics and Mechanistic Studies of Oxidation of
Oxy-Halogen Sulfur Compounds by Strong Oxidants.
- In-Vitro Studies of Oxidation of Essential Amino acids
and their biologically-important derivative.
- Inorganic Reaction Mechanism: Titanium (III) and
Ruthenium (II) reductions of Cobalt (III) complexes.
- Ion Selective Electrodes (Preparation and Applications)
- Biosensors and Applications.
- Purification and Characterization of Steroids.
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR). [including
2D-NMR and COSY-NMR]
- Ultra Violet and Visible Spectroscopy
- Advanced Chemical Kinetics- Conventional and Stopped Flow
- Basic Computer programming in C++, HTML and Visual Basic
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft Office 97 suite:
Word97, Excel97, Powerpoint97, and database management with Access97
- Optimas Technology (ALI programming Language) for Video
- C.R. Chinake; O. Olojo; and R.H.
Simoyi. Oxidation of Formaldehyde by Chlorite in Basic and Slightly Acidic Media. J.Phys.Chem.A
Vol.21, No 3, 606-611, 1998.
- J.F. Ojo; O.O. Olojo; O.A. Oyetunji and
O.A. Olubuyide. The reductions of Chloro-, Bromo-, and Iodopentacyanocobaltate (III)
anions by Titanium (III) in aqueous acidic solution. Transition Met. Chem.
Vol.21, 123-126, 1996.
American Chemical Society Conference. New
Orleans, Louisiana. (August, 1998).
- Advances in the in-vitro Reactivities of Methionine and
Methionine Sulfoxide (Poster presented at the 34th Convention of the South
African Cheimcal Institute 1998).
- Oscillations and Chemical Instabilities in Dynamic
Systems. Salve Regina University, Rhode Island (July, 1997)
- Thionicotinamide oxidation by bromate ion.
- Advances in the in-vitro Reactivities of Methionine.
- Cyclodextrin femtosecond dynamics.
- Dr. Reuben H. Simoyi; Professor of Chemistry, West
Virginia University, Morgantown, USA.
- Dr. Segun Olubuyide; Professor of Chemistry, Obafemi
Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
- Dr. Paul Jagodzinski; Professor and Chairman, Chemistry
Department, West Virginia University, USA