||Rotimi Olojo Ph.D.
Portland State University
Department of Chemistry
Science Building II
Portland, OR 97207-0751
Office: +1-(503) 725-8781
Fax: +1-(503) 725-9525
- Ph.D Biophysical Chemistry. West Virginia University
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Physical) Obafemi Awolowo Univ., Ile-Ife,
- Assistant Lecturer(Physical Chemistry) O.A.Univ., Ile-Ife,
- B.Sc Chemistry (Hons) Obafemi Awolowo Univ., Ile-Ife,
- My Resume Page
- Spatiotemporal Patterns Formation in Oxyhalogen Sulfur
- Video Imaging and Pattern Characterization.
- Kinetics and Mechanistic Studies of Oxidation of
Oxy-Halogen Sulfur Compounds by Strong Oxidants.
- In-vitro Studies of Oxidation of Essential Amino acids and
their biologically-important derivatives.[Read Abstracts!]
- Inorganic Reactions Mechanism-Titanium(III) and
Ruthenium(II) reductions of Cobalt (III) complexes.
- Ion Selective Electrodes ( Preparations and Applications)
- Purfication and Characterization of Steroid Compounds.
Simoyi, R.H; Street, K.;
Mundoma, C.; Olojo, R.. “Complex Kinetics in the Reaction
of Taurine With Aqueous Bromine and Acidic Bromate: A Possible
Cytoprotective Role Against Hypobromous Acid”. S. Afr. J. Chem.(2002),
Chinake, C.R; Olojo, O.O;
Jonnalagada, S.B; and Simoyi, R.H. “Kinetics and Mechanism of the
Oxidation of 4-methyl-3-thiosemicarbazide by Acidic Bromate”. Inter.
Journal of Chem. Kinetics. (2002), 34 (4), 237-247.
Olojo, O.O; Chigwada, T. and Simoyi, R.H. “Oxyhalogen-sulfur
Chemistry: Kinetics and mechanism of the
oxidation of a Bunte salt 2-aminoethanethiolsulfuric acid (AETSA) by
chlorite.” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. (2001), 3, 4957-4964.
Olojo, O.O; and Simoyi, R.H. “Oxidation of Formaldehyde by Chlorite
in Basic and Slightly Acidic Media”. J. Phys. Chem. A (1998), Vol. 21,
No. 3, pg.606-611.
Ojo, J.F; Olojo,
O.O; Oyetunji, O.A; and Olubuyide, O.A. “The reductions of Chloro-,
Bromo-, and Iodopentacyanocobaltate (III) anions by Titanium (III) in
aqueous acidic solution”. Transition Met. Chem. (1996), Vol.21, pg.
- The America Chemical Society International Conference. Physical and Medicinal Chemistry. New Orleans, Louisiana
- Advances in the in-vitro Reactivities of Methionine and
Methionine Sulfoxide (Poster presented at the 34th Convention
of the South African Chemical Institute 1998).
- The Gordon Conference. "Oscillations and Chemical Instabilities in Dynamic
Systems". Salve Regina Univ. RI (July 1997)
Short Talks and Discussions
- Thionicotinamide Chemistry- An Important Xenobiotic.
- The chlorite-formaldehyde redox reaction.
- Advances in the in-vitro Reactivities of methionine.
- Cyclodextrin femtosecond dynamics
- Current Research Work- Check out Updates in PowerPoint Presentation!
Audio Reviews at its
Your best deal on laptops.Check it out!
JandR Music and Computer
Click on the Image below to take a tour of my
Department, WVU at a Glance!
Visit the ChemWeb
Club - for the Chemical Community
Map of Nigeria
(more to come!!!)
This homepage is dedicated to my late father- Samuel Olojo -
I'll be missing you...Dad!
This page was last updated on November 19, 2010.